04 September 2013

Birthday Bash, Cake Smash, Pool Splash

Birthday Cupcake:  One Year Old

Daddy's Girl is one year old!  She actually had her birthday a while ago, but I decided to wait to post about it after Summer Swimming was over.  So now it's finally time!


Boo and Mr. MadeIt both helped me make Daddy's Girl a birthday banner.  Boo loves to help me with my projects.  Even though she makes things go slower, I love that she likes to do these crafty projects with me.

One Year Old Birthday Party:  I Love the Swimming Pool!

 We had Daddy's Girl's birthday party at the swimming pool, because she LOVES to play in the water.

One Year Old Birthday Party:  Unenthusiastic Cake Smash

We had the traditional cake smash.  (In case you're wondering what's up with the pattern-less spots on the birthday banner, they're where I blanked out her name, since we don't do real names on this blog.  Well, my name really is Jill...or is it? ;)
  
One Year Old Birthday Party:  Unenthusiastic Cake Smash 2

Daddy's Girl didn't like the cupcake.  But she's adorable anyway.

One Year Old Birthday:  Love the Cake Smash!

Turns out, she just didn't like the frosting--She DID like the cake!  Once I flipped her cupcake over and showed her the cake part, she loved it.

One Year Old Birthday Party:  Cupcakes from Scratch

And we all got cupcakes, too, of course.  I used the recipes HERE and made yellow and chocolate cupcakes from scratch.  The yellow cupcakes turned out yummy, but the chocolate were a little dry.  I'll have to tweak the recipe and try it again.  (Here's the pin, if you'd like.)

One Year Old Birthday Party:  So Much Fun in the Swimming Pool

Some of my family got to come, so that was nice.  Doesn't Daddy's Girl just look like she's having the time of her life?  Swimming pool, grandparents, and a ball--what more could a baby ask for?

One Year Old Birthday Party:  So Much Fun in the Swimming Pool 2

Boo had lots of fun swimming around, too.  Note to self, though:  Be sure to take more pictures of the not-birthday child.  I only got a few pictures of Boo!  Sadness...

One Year Old Birthday Party:  So Much Fun in the Swimming Pool 3

I love Daddy's Girl's face in this picture!  "Come back here, Ball!  I'll use my Jedi Mind Powers on you!"

It was a great party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I love to hear from you--your comments make my day!

I've been getting a lot of spam comments lately, so I'll not be allowing anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry to any legitimate anonymous commenters!