08 October 2011

Eat, Drink, and Be Scary


Last night, we had a Ladies' Night Craft Extravaganza at my church!  Food, crafting, friends, babysitting provided--what could be better?

I did three of the crafts they had that night:  this "Eat, Drink, Be Scary" plate, a really cute fabric pumpkin, and a block puzzle.  (I'll show you the other two projects later.  I'm really excited to show you the puzzle; that's my favorite project!)

This Halloween plate was so easy to make!  Granted, the vinyl designs were already cut out.  (I'd have a hard time making this on my own because I don't have a Circuit or anything like that, but it could be done by hand.)

So you need:
A plate.  This one came from Michael's, according to the sticker on the back.
Your design cut out of vinyl (Is Contact Paper the same as vinyl?  I've heard it works for this.)
a library card, credit card, etc

The vinyl decal is pretty much a sticker--just stick it on the plate wherever you want!  Rub the design with your library card to make sure it's good and stuck.  I placed the backing from the vinyl over top for rubbing, so I didn't accidentally scratch off the vinyl sticker instead.

That's all there is to it!

(Sorry I don't have any in-process pictures; I was working like a crazy person to get all my projects done that night even without worrying about pictures!)

By the way, I don't think the vinyl should be washed, so I'd recommend using the plate only for decoration or for non-messy things like wrapped candies, cupcakes, and the like.


Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I love to hear from you--your comments make my day!

I've been getting a lot of spam comments lately, so I'll not be allowing anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry to any legitimate anonymous commenters!