17 May 2011

I Love Daddy!

Mother's Day is over, so now it's time to start thinking about Father's Day.  Of course, there's nothing wrong with the traditional tie, but if you really want something to make his Daddy Heart go, Aww, consider this:

Spell out, "I Love Daddy" with pictures of the one (or ones) who calls him that.  

It's easy (well, depending on the cooperativeness of your little one!), cheap (just the cost of the letters, printing the photos, and frames), and yet the cuteness factor is huge.  This project works great for infants up through teenagers, one child or several.

This project is too self-explanitory for a real tutorial, so I'll just give you a couple of ideas based on how I did it, and then post some more pictures of my baby!

  • I just cut my letters out of cardboard and covered them with regular printer paper.  You could also buy cute wooden letters from a craft store.
  • Outdoor lighting is usually the nicest for portraits. 
  • You'll probably want to have either all the same outfit between the pictures, or all different outfits. Mine are all different because of the short cooperative-span of my one year old.  When she was willing to keep going after one letter, I changed her clothes (added a jacket, for example).
  • I printed the pictures at 4x6 and got some inexpensive frames from Wal-Mart, but you could put the pictures however you want.

Now for the bloopers!
I'm tired of holding these silly letters, Mamma!

Awww, precious.

I think we're done now.


(Update:  I should probably clarify--This isn't my original idea.  I'd tell you where I got it from, but I don't remember...)

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment! I love to hear from you--your comments make my day!

I've been getting a lot of spam comments lately, so I'll not be allowing anonymous comments for the time being. Sorry to any legitimate anonymous commenters!